BLawyers Vietnam has many experiences advising corporate clients on labor and employment issues. During the COVID-19 pandemic peek time and afterward, our lawyers have been supporting several clients on proceeding mass lay-offs on their workforce in accordance with Vietnam laws. However, we also have experience in protecting employees by representing them in negotiation with their employers on illegal employment termination and before courts in labor-related disputes.
Given our deep knowledge of the labor issues that arise in connection with M&A and other corporate restructuring (e.g., the succession of employees by the target company), we have been instructed to handle those cases.
Our services cover:
- Employment relationships – advising on recruitment and employment relationship
- Employment contracts – drafting employment documents, including labor agreements, labor collective agreements, operational rules
- Employment compliance – advising on procedure compliance, registering employment documents (internal rules, collective labor agreements), and reporting
- Restructuring – advising on labor restructuring and mass lay-offs
- Employee benefits – advising on award policy; social, healthcare and unemployment insurances
- Expats – advising on their work permit, taxation issues and other legal requirements arisen when employing foreign employees
- Negotiation and litigation – representing clients to settle disputes
Matters in which our attorneys have been involved:
- Handled labor disputes with employees.
- Drafted work rules and other internal rules, drafted employment contracts, and provided legal advice regarding mass layoffs.
- Provided legal training on labor section as requested by clients.